These NANOBLADE runners are already sharpened.
Sharpening of knives with nano-grooves is only possible on PIKATEC grinders. The blades will last sharpened for 1-2 months.
Pikatec Nanoblade blades are not cut from 3 mm sheet metal like ordinary blades; they are machined on a 3D machine so that they have a standard width in the holder area, which gradually expands to 4.5 mm, or 5.0 mm. This also changes the lateral trajectories of the edges from a flat to a spatial dimension, allowing greater maneuverability in an incline. The nano-groove and the extremely sharp edges provide another dimension of possibilities for skaters.
Pikatec Nanoblade 5.0 GK10 (Light)
Goalkeeper geometries GK10 have excellent agility and speed properties. Goalkeepers usually "fight" with two characteristics: they need quick lateral movement, but the edge of the blades prevents them from doing so. Some goalkeepers even dull the edges to allow them to move quicker. The Pikatec nano-groove allows the combination of both properties: very sharp edges and excellent lateral movement properties. So far, all goalkeepers have praised the nano-groove for not straining their groin as much. The holes in the high blades (Light) make them significantly lighter, increasing the skater's agility. These high blades are just as heavy as lower blades that are not lightened.
The height of the blade, which is about 10 mm higher than standard blades, allows them to do wide splits, and when the blades are aligned perpendicular to the ice, the skates move from side to side with no effort. When the goalkeeper needs to stop, all he needs to do is tilt the edge slightly to the side and the blade will immediately stop him.
For whom is this geometry suitable:
Exclusively for goal keepers who have experience with skating with a nano-groove. It takes goal keepers a while to get used to this geometry. The blades are high and allow the goalkeeper better knee bends, but a sensitive goal keeper needs time to adapt. On the other hand the blades enable goalies to perform extreme manoevers.
What to keep in mind and watch out for:
- Their intial feelings are further described in the article below "Graph and stages of adaptation to blades with a nano-groove".
- If you have no experience with a nano-groove, when you first step onto the ice you will feel as if the blades were dull. The blades will immediately start to glide, and if they are aligned perpendicular to the ice, they will begin to slide laterally. That's how it should be, that's what you need! But as soon as you push off from the edge, you will feel the acceleration, you will find that you don't need as much effort, and if you turn on an incline, you will feel that the edge holds you up perfectly.
- Try out different maneuvers and splits to find out what the blades will let you do.
- You will be much faster when you need to come out of the goal, for example.
- The blades were tested by dozens of goal keepers of various ages and weights, and some needed at least 3-5 training sessions to say they have 100%adapted to the blades.
- Time it takes beginners to adapt to Nanoblade: Juniors 180 - 240 minutes, Seniors 240 - 480 minutes
- Time it takes advanced players to adapt to Nanoblade: Juniors 60 - 120 minutes, seniors 120 - 240 minutes
What makes these hockey runners unique?
- Significally faster – reduced friction makes skaters significantly faster, and not only in single percentage digits. This is also thanks to the patented change in the geometry of the blades.
- Improved agility– when the blades are aligned perpendicular to the ice, you have no trouble turning freely and changing direction without the known feeling of the “grinding” edge of the blade.
- Flexibility and improved gliding in the transverse direction - over time, many adult hockey players move on to a greater groove radius. This is because they don’t just need to skate forward, but often also transversely (sideways). A small radius does not allow this, as the sharp edges cause the blades to stop sharply. Conversely, grooves around 25 mm (1/1”) glide significantly better in the transverse direction, allowing hockey players to move sideways. With their uniform radius, Pikatec blades with nano-grooves have properties that cannot be achieved with conventional sharpening.
- Increased stability – thanks to these properties, we could afford to completely change the geometry of the blades and significantly extend and straighten the edges (by up to 56%) at the heel and toe. This gives hockey players an increased feeling of stability compared to regular blades.
- Stronger edges – with all the modifications, we have significantly sharpened the edges of the blades, which are about 6x-8x sharper than standard. This allows skaters to better hold the skates on an incline and to make sharp turns. It also allowed us to increase the height of the blade by about 4 mm compared to standard blades, allowing skaters a greater incline in turns and thus significantly reducing the turning radius. This will allow hockey players to escape their opponent faster when chased, or to reach their opponent faster when maneuvering. The only thing that must be observed is proper skating, i.e. to “push on the toes” of the blades in turns and not on the “heels”! To allow this, the skates should be loosened in the ankle area to allow players to bend their legs in turns.
- Width – the wide surface of the blade (4,5 or 5 mm instead of 3 mm) changes the physical mechanisms of skating and prevenst skaters from getting stuck in soft ice , causing them to lose speed and increasing their effort.
- Increased hardness – thanks to their unique properties, as well as the nano-groove, Pikatec ice skates last significantly longer without sharpening. By “significantly longer” we mean at least 5x, provided that the hockey player does not damage the edge by hitting another hard object, such as a hockey goal or the blades of another skater.
- Ideal proportions – these include proportional changes at the edges and 3D trajectories, with these parameters differing from those of blades with a uniform thickness. This further improves gliding properties.
- Less effort – with a significantly better glide, skaters won’t get as tired during skating and will be able to last longer at a fast pace. This is crucial in matches. The blades also don’t put as much strain on parts of the body that are extremely stressed by overcoming resistance and skating itself (hips, groin, etc.).
- Greater endurance of the skater – “less effort” logically results in a crucial factor in matches - greater endurance of the skater.
- Longer – the Pikatec nano-groove did not only allow us to change the geometry, it also allowed us to extend the blade and thus improve its gliding properties.
- Longer durability of the blade – thanks to the reduced frequency of blade sharpening, the blade lasts significantly longer while maintaining its improved gliding properties. It is well known that frequent sharpening reduces the height of the blade, limiting skaters on an incline and therefore their agility. Moreover, when the critical height (thinness) is reached, the blades must be discarded and new ones must be purchased. This logically indicates that Pikatec blades last many times longer than standard blades. In addition to a lower sharpening frequency, the height of the blade is also significantly increased, reducing operating costs.
- Reduced sharpening costs - although the creation of a nano-groove is more expensive than standard sharpening, the subsequent need for sharpening is about 5x smaller, reducing operating costs. The time spent on transporting the blades to be sharpened and transport costs associated with each sharpening, which often significantly exceed the cost of sharpening itself, must also be taken into account. Standard blades must also be sharpened when purchased before they are used. With Pikatec blades you can go straight from the store to the ice.
Please keep in mind that because this is the only product of this kind in the world, we had to develop special machines for production, the portfolio of which is constantly expanding, but production of the blades is limited. We ship products in stock immediately, and we accept pre-orders for other products with a delivery deadline of 6-12 weeks. In the event of high demand, we reserve the right to temporarily stop accepting orders. We believe that we will start producing at significantly larger capacity later in the year, but we also want to ensure the top quality of our products; we want to keep our precise production in the volume of a small manufactory.
Do you want to know more about NANOBLADE? Click here to see video.
Important: It is necessary to remember that the gliding characteristics of the blades are provided by the nano-groove. Sharpening of blades or Pikatec geometry in a conventional way can result in a loss of these characteristics, which poses a risk of injury!!!
No user reviews so far.
User reviews :
User reviews can be submitted only by registered and logged-in users.